Eight Under Par (Pawnshop Operator), Inc., Palawan Pawnshop Inc., Paragua Pawnshop and Financial Services Inc. and VG Star Pawnshop & Jewelry Corporation operating under the name Palawan Pawnshop and Palawan Express Pera Padala (collectively, “Palawan Pawnshop Group” or “PPG”) respect your privacy and are committed to complying with Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), its Implementing Rules and Regulations, relevant issuances of the National Privacy Commission, and other applicable laws and policies that govern the processing of personal data.
This Policy describes the personal data we collect about you, the way we process them, and the rights you have in relation to your data. It covers all data collected in our branches, websites, mobile applications, customer service hotlines and social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook.
Please note, though, that our websites may be linked to third-party websites whose content or data processing activities we are not responsible for and are not covered by this Policy.
Personal data we collect
The types of personal data we collect depend on the products or services you avail of. They may include:
- personal data contained in identification documents, such your passport or driver's license;
- transaction data, which include your name and other information about you and the party on the other side of your transaction;
- contact details, such as your address, telephone number, and/or email address; and
- other personal data we may collect, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We collect your personal data directly from you, or, in some cases, from the party on the other side of your transaction. For example, in a remittance transaction, you (as remitter) provide us with your personal data (name and contact details, among others) and those of the recipient.
Why we process your personal data
We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- to process your transaction(s) whenever you avail of our products and services;
- to prevent fraud, abuse, and other actual and potential prohibited or illegal activities;
- to address your inquiries, concerns, or complaints;
- to comply with legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements applicable to us or our affiliates or service providers, including laws and regulations governing our products and services (e.g., anti-money laundering and know-your-client regulations of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, etc.);
- to respond to court orders and lawful investigations;
- to inform you about our products, services, offerings and other promotions; and
- to undertake market research
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data in a number of ways, including:
- for our everyday business purposes, such as processing your transactions, maintaining your account(s), and managing our business and records
- for our marketing initiatives, such as when we offer our products and services to you, and tailor our offers, coupons, and incentives which we believe may be of interest to you;
- for our joint marketing activities with other financial companies;
- for our affiliates' everyday business purposes and marketing initiatives; and
- for non-affiliates' marketing initiatives;
- other activities, but with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
With whom we share your personal data
With your consent, or when required or permitted by law, we may disclose, share, or transfer your personal data to our affiliates, agents, third party service providers, and other entities as described below:
- PPG companies, including but not limited to Eight Under Par (Pawnshop Operator), Inc., Palawan Pawnshop Inc., Paragua Pawnshop and Financial Services Inc., and VG Star Pawnshop & Jewelry Corporation;
- companies that help us run or improve our business(es), or third-party service providers that help us deliver or provide our products and services;
- organizations that help us process transactions, validate or verify customer information and identification, and prevent or investigate matters related to security, fraud, theft, or loss;
- banks, financial institutions, and other reference agencies;
- unaffiliated companies with whom we have contractual or joint marketing arrangements, in order to perform marketing or business analysis, as well as advertising services
- regulatory authorities and other concerned government agencies;
- law enforcement authorities, when complying with their lawful directives; and
- another entity or a new one, in connection with the sale of all or substantially all assets of PPG, or a merger of PPG with another entity, or any consolidation, combination, reorganization, or other similar transaction.
If we need your consent for any specific use of your personal data, we will collect it at the appropriate time. In line with applicable laws that require us to obtain your express consent (or for you to "opt-in"), we will maintain processes and procedures to ensure that we are able to secure such consent, whether it be in a written, recorded, or electronic format. Your consent shall be deemed valid for so long as your personal data are necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. Just the same, you may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions, by contacting us via our contact details, as provided below. In the case of promotional email messages or SMS, these will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe. Note, though, that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal data, we may no longer be able to provide you with one or more of our products and services.
If you give us the personal data of another individual, you warrant that you have obtained his or her proper consent before providing us with his or her personal data.
Accuracy & Access
We want to ensure that the personal data we collect and use are accurate for their intended purpose. For this reason, we have processes to help maintain the accuracy of all personal data we collect. Should you wish to access to your personal data, or help us maintain accurate an record of your data by informing us of any changes or modifications thereto, you may do so by filling out a Customer Information Sheet (CIS) in any PPG branch, or you may call our customer service hotlines:
Telephone No. : +63 (48) 433-4110
Mobile Nos. : +63 9173013868 (GLOBE) | +63 9989621869 (SMART) | +63 9328508613 (SUN)
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections.
Please do not send us confidential or sensitive personal information such as passport numbers, government-issued identification numbers, or transaction codes via an unsecured email message. You may send us these types of data via posted mail, phone, or using the "Contact Us" link available on our website. Do not be misled by emails that appear to be from us, asking for your personal data. If you receive any such email and other suspicious communications, please forward it immediately to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Rights to Your Personal Data
We acknowledge that you have other rights in relation to your personal data, as laid out in the DPA. You may exercise those rights within the parameters of the law by contacting us via our contact details below.
Security, Confidentiality, and Data Retention
We implement various physical, technical, and organizational security measures at par with industry standards in order to protect any personal data under our control or custody against any unauthorized or unlawful processing, including loss, misuse, and alterations. In relation to this, we limit access to personal data only to authorized persons and entities, such as those described in this Policy, and only for purposes consistent or aligned with applicable laws. We also endeavor to retain personal data only for the period we needed them for the purposes identified here, or whenever required or permitted by. Should these conditions no longer be present, we destroy or dispose of such data in a safe and secure manner.
Browsing, Cookies, and Internet Based Advertising
When you use our websites, we—and on occasion, our third-party service providers—automatically (or passively) collect certain standard technical information about you, your device, or your use of our websites. Oftentimes, this is done by placing a small file known as a "cookie" on your device. They include the type of internet browser you use, your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, your domain name, your internet service provider, the information you request for, the location from which you make such request, your referrer URL (i.e., the URL of the website you were viewing prior to visiting ours), how you were directed to our websites, specific pages you access on our websites, how long you view each page, as well as the time and date you access our websites. We use all this data to improve our websites (system optimization), to make them function correctly, to personalize each visitor’s experience, to better understand how visitors use them (data analytics and market research), as well as for security and statistics purposes. As part of our efforts to protect our clients from fraud, we also sometimes use this information to authenticate (maintenance of user login information) users of our websites, whenever necessary.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy may change from time to time. Revisions could be the result of our new initiatives, changes we make to our existing processes and activities, or new laws and policies we are required to comply with. For this reason, we urge you to regularly visit this page to be informed of any or all relevant updates. Rest assured, though, that we will exert reasonable efforts to inform you of any such changes via other means.
Should you have questions regarding this Policy, about how we process your personal data, or how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data, you can contact us via the details below:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
7263 J. Victor Street
Pio del Pilar, Makati City 1230 Tel. No.: +63(2) 478-5486
170 Rizal Avenue, Brgy. Masikap, Puerto Princesa City, 5300
Tel. No.: +63(48) 433 8132
Alternatively, you may also send us an email at: email@example.com